What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from crushed apples, yeast and bacteria. It is in many salad dressings and preservatives.
It is made by crushing apples to extract the liquid. Then bacteria and yeast ferment the liquid, converting the sugars to alcohol and alcohol to acetic acid. Acetic acid is the main active component of ACV.
What is Apple cider vinegar with the mother?
Raw ACV which contains the bacteria that made the vinegar is apple cider vinegar with the mother. It is the mother that attributes to the numerous health benefits of ACV.
What are some of the benefits?
- If you drink 1 to 2 tablespoons in water you can reduce the fat in your body.
- Drinking ACV makes you feel fuller for longer and hence helps you consume fewer calories.
- Studies show that insulin function is improved by consuming ACV which helps to lower blood sugar levels post meal time.
What are the side effects of Apple cider vinegar?
- In large doses it can be harmful. 1 tablespoon in a glass of water would be a good daily limit.
- It interacts negatively with other drugs (Eg. Drugs for Diabetes).
- Apple cider vinegar can be harmful to your bone health. Take it with water and rinse your mouth to protect your teeth.
An apple cider vinegar salad dressing recipe
Raw Apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Add all your ingredients to a small jar or container and shake till well combined. Then drizzle over salad and gobble it up!
Please like and share if you have enjoyed this post.