Banana Bread ….. mmm I just love it! You can’t go wrong! The aroma is just gorgeous! It’s easy it is to make, kids love it, its great for breakfast and it uses honey instead of sugar so its yummier!
I like to use really ripe bananas because the more ripe the bananas the sweeter they are! Try out the recipe here:
Banana Bread Recipe:
1/2 cup melted butter
2 to 3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup of honey
1 3/4 cups of self raising flour
Optional: chopped walnuts
pinch of cinnamon
couple of drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- grease a loaf baking tray, I like to use this silicone one.
- In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (honey, butter and eggs).
- Stir in the bananas and the honey
- slowly stir in the flour into the batter mixture
- Add the vanilla , cinnamon and chopped walnuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the loaf mold
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or till a toothpick comes out dry.
Have a try of this delicious recipe and let me know what you think!