Last week I promised you my beetroot salad recipe and so here it is:
Beetroot Salad Recipe:
2 boiled grated beetroots
2 cups grated coconut
- Add a few glugs of oil to a saucepan.
- Sprinkle some mustard seeds.
- Wait till they start sputtering then go in with the curry leaves and cumin seeds.
- Lastly add the beetroot and coconut and toss it around for a few minutes.
- Add salt toss for a few more minutes
- Then take of the heat and garnish liberally with chopped coriander.
I love how versatile this salad is. It can be had as a salad for lunch, or as a side with mains or even as a supercharged wrap. So easy to make, ready in minutes and delicious.
It has a lot of health benefits too have a read of them here.
I had a reader tell me they incorporate beets into their morning juice , I think beetroot hummus would be delightful. How do you incorporate beets into your diet?
Let me know.