I tend to be pretty lazy come weeks end and I thought soup would be a fuss free easy dinner! But then we needed something to dunk into the soup some bread ideally! I thought of this, chickpea flat bread and I love it! And I’m sure you will too give it a whizz….
Recipe for Italian chickpea flat bread recipe
olive oil to grease the baking dish
- Mix chickpea flour and water in a large bowl till you get a thick batter. Mix it well so there are no lumps.
- Liberally sprinkle your Italian herbs.
- Allow to stand for a couple of hours. Ideally you would prepare this at lunch to eat at dinner.
- Then you generously grease the baking dish with olive oil. Pour in your chickpea batter.
- Then bake at 220 degrees centigrade for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Ideally you want the edges slightly browned.
- Sprinkle on some Parmesan if you like or just dunk in some soup . It is glorious!!
As I was writing this recipe up I was thinking what a fabulous pizza base this would make! I will give it a go and report back! Also don’t forget to check out my roast chickpeas recipe a go and my fabulous hummus recipe a go!
In the mean time enjoy this quick and simple bread recipe! I hope you like it as much as I do!