Chickpeas are an easy and healthy snack option and here is why:
Nutritional facts about Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans:
- These beans are an excellent vegan and gluten free option to get your protein
- One cup of these tasty legumes contains half your dietary fiber needs for the day
- Half a cup of garbanzo beans has more iron than 3 ounces of steak.
- They are bursting with nutrients like manganese, vitamin K, folate and zinc
- One snack size serving is only 46 calories
Pretty neat huh?
So here is my recipe and its super easy to make. Ready in just 20 minutes. Great as an afternoon snack and awesome in lunchboxes.
Chickpeas soaked over night or at least 8-10 hours in water
fresh parsley leaves for the garnish
Grab a big oven tray, add in the chick pea beans and the seasoning. Drizzle the olive oil over the beans.
Roast for 20-30 minutes.
When they are roasted, squeeze half a lemon juice and garnish with fresh herbs.