Vietnamese Spring Rolls are great as a summer snack or even a light lunch. Or even a side for some delicious Fried rice or noodles.
Fill them up as you like, I’ve gone with some fresh vegetables. You could also add some grilled chicken, tuna, or even shrimps.
Then dress it up with a nice dipping sauce you could use sweet chilli, sriracha mayo, I like it with a spicy salsa, but that is just me.
Try the recipe here:
- julienne the cucumber, carrot and cooked beetroot. Cut the avocado into slices
- break apart some lettuce leaves
- Add alfa alfa and the above to a bowl, add some lemon juice and the chopped coriander leaves.
- Take a shallow bowl and fill with water.
- Dip one sheet of rice paper in the water for about 5 seconds.
- Then lay on a flat surface add all your vegetables.
- Then wrap and keep on a plate.
Make a couple by repeating steps 5 to 7 , the serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I like this with some spicy salsa.